Sunday, March 22, 2009

Being sick stinks!

As I sit here this evening, I feel like a truck has run me over. My son was probably the culprit who gave the rest of the family what he had the week before. I don't like being sick. I can't breathe, I ache, my eyes feel like all the moisture has been sucked out of them.

Being sick got me thinking. Sin in our lives feel like being sick. Really that is what is wrong when we have sin in our life, we are sick. We seem to have trouble breathing, we ache, and all of life is sucked out of us.

When we have a cold or the flu or some other ailment we seek assistance to make us better. Often times we jump at the opportunity for help at the first sniffle. So, why is it when we are ailing spiritually that we drag around seeking help from the Great Physician?

A little something for us to think about!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I totally agree! Makes you think about the goodness of sharing in whole different light. Share the love, not the germs.